RadioAlabama is currently seeking to hire an experienced Media Sales Executive to join our team!
This is not just another media sales job. As RadioAlabama continues to build our award-winning on-air and online brands, we need more experienced media sales executives to sell local and regional advertising for our great local radio stations and digital platforms with significant local and regional reach. You’ll use modern sales support systems and have full support from our creative and process management teams. We’ll count on you for focus, hard work, accurate sales forecasting, timely reporting, and achievement of goals. We offer competitive compensation packages including an unusually higher commission-driven opportunity with uncapped earning potential. We’re all about quality, integrity, and excellence — delivering great programming, news, entertainment, and sports for the communities we are privileged to serve along with results for our advertisers.
- Maintain and grow existing accounts
- Prospect and qualify new sales leads
- Build and form new partnerships with potential clients
- Schedule meetings and presentations with prospects and current clients
- Create, plan, and deliver presentations about RadioAlabama products
- Track all sales-related activity in RadioAlabama’s CRM and update regularly
- Meet and/or exceed expected budgets
- Coordinate with other team members and departments to optimize sales efforts
- At least 2 years of sales, customer service, or media ad sales experience (traditional and/or digital)
- Bachelors degree in Business, Communications, or related field (preferred)
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Strong leadership qualities with excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships
- Highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate should have a competitive personality and a winning attitude; be a quick learner and a natural problem-solver; enjoy relationship-building and a fast pace; have excellent prospecting skills; project a professional appearance and demeanor; be an organized self-starter able to work effectively without direct supervision, and be excited about an opportunity to work for a company that’s investing big time in making a difference. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical, and a college degree is preferred but not mandatory.
RadioAlabama is headquartered in Sylacauga, Ala., and the position could be based in the Sylacauga, Birmingham, Lake Martin-Alexander City, Montgomery, or Auburn-Opelika areas.
== == ==
No phone calls, please. RadioAlabama/Marble City Media LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, or political affiliation. Our primary website: RadioAlabama.net.
RadioAlabama, one of the state’s largest local and privately-owned media organizations, is home to six radio brands — MIX 106.5 [WFXO-HD2] (Alabama’s 2017 Radio Station of the Year), FOX Sports Central Alabama [WFXO], 105.1 WRFS [WRFS], KiX 96.3 [WSGN], KiX 100.3 [WYEA], and AU100 [WAUE], along with more multiple digital products and services including SylacaugaNews.com and RadioAlabama Sports. Headquartered in Sylacauga, Ala., our over-the-air signals are focused northwest to southeast from Birmingham through Lake Martin-Alexander City-Dadeville to Auburn-Opelika and north to south from I-20/Pell City through Wetumpka, Prattville, Clanton, and Montgomery. RadioAlabama offers great ongoing training and supportive leadership in a collaborative work environment, along with health insurance options and a generous 401(k) plan. We’re all about quality, integrity, and excellence — delivering great programming, news, entertainment, and sports for the communities we are privileged to serve along with results for our advertisers.