TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama’s Chase Lee and Peyton Wilson were selected to the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA)/Rawlings All-Southeast Region First Team, the organization announced on Wednesday morning.
Lee and Wilson are the first Crimson Tide student-athletes to earn recognition from the ABCA since Taylor Dugas was selected to the All-Southeast Region team in 2012. It also marks the first time more than one Alabama player has been selected in the same season by the ABCA since 2009 when Austin Hyatt and Kent Matthes were each named to the list.
- Maintained a lowly 1.33 ERA (6 ER/40.2 IP) across his 22 relief appearances this season
- Closed out the 2021 campaign with a perfect 7-0 record and seven saves in as many chances
- Led all Alabama relievers and ranked third overall on UA with 51 strikeouts
- Struck out at least two batters in 17 of his 22 appearances and worked 2.0-plus innings in nine total outings
- Adds to his list of postseason accolades after being selected to the All-SEC Second Team and the Newcomer All-SEC Team prior to the start of the conference tournament
- Started all 58 games, pacing the Tide in hits (72), doubles (13), runs (46) and stolen bases (10) from his leadoff spot
- Totaled 21 multi-hit efforts to tie for the UA lead, including 11 against league opponents
- Ranked in the top 15 of the SEC standings offensively for hits and stolen bases while also earning top-six marks for assists and double plays turned as a defender
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.