BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama football’s DeVonta Smith was selected as the Southeastern Conference Co-Offensive Player of the Week, the league office announced on Monday. The honor is Smith’s first of the season.
Offensive Player of the Week
- The senior wideout etched his name atop the SEC and Alabama record books for career touchdown catches
- Tallied two touchdowns on the day with his first score moving him into sole possession of the career touchdown receptions mark, passing Amari Cooper and Chris Doering for SEC record
- Totaled nine catches for 144 yards to go with his two scores
- Crimson Tide quarterbacks had a 197.7 passer rating on his 13 targets
- Registered five explosive plays of 18 yards or more, including a long grab of 35
- Ranks second nationally in receiving touchdowns (10), third in receptions per game (9.3) and fifth in yards per game (129.0)
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.