The following is a press release from Alabama Athletics.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama’s Will Reichard was named to the 2021 Lou Groza Award Watch List, The Palm Beach County Sports Commission announced today.
Reichard, who was a finalist for the Groza a season ago, is among 30 total student-athletes from around the country named to the preseason list for the award recognizing the nation’s top placekicker. The Crimson Tide has not won the Groza in the award’s existence.
- Looking to use his junior season to add to an already impressive resume at placekicker
- Earned finalist recognition for the Lou Groza Award as a sophomore while also being tabbed as a first team All-American by CBS Sports and a second-teamer by The Sporting News
- Finished perfect on all kicking attempts in 2020, making 84 PATs and 14 field goals to combine for 126 points, a number that ranked fifth nationally
- Took over all starting kicking duties last season after injuries cut his freshman campaign short at only four games
- Made 21-of-22 extra points and hit on 4-of-7 field goals to go with four punts for a combined 152 yards in 2019
The Lou Groza Collegiate Placekicking Award was established in 1992 by The Palm Beach County Sports Commission. The award is presented annually to the nation’s top collegiate placekicker as determined by a voting panel of Division I head coaches, sportswriters and sportscasters from across the country, conference representatives, professional kickers and previous winners. The 2021 recipient of the Groza will be named at the ESPN Home Depot College Football Awards this December.
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.