BATON ROUGE, La. – Alabama broke its own Southeastern Conference record by connecting on 23 three-pointers as it rolled to a 105-75 victory at LSU (10-3, 5-2 SEC) on Tuesday night in the Pete Maravich Assemby Center. It is the second consecutive 30-point win for Crimson Tide, who defeated Arkansas 90-59 last Saturday, as UA secured its grip on first place in the SEC standings by improving to 7-0 in league play and 12-3 overall.
The Tide’s last three wins have been by a combined 82 points, winning by 20 at Kentucky (85-65), 31 vs. Arkansas (90-59) and Tuesday night’s result.
Three Alabama played accounted for 22 or more points as John Petty Jr. (24), Jahvon Quinerly (22) and Joshua Primo (22) combined to score 68 of the Tide’s 105-points on the night. Petty set the tone by hitting his first six three-pointers and finished 8-of-10 from beyond the arc. Primo finished 6-of-8 from deep while Quinerly went 6-of-7.
- Alabama broke its own SEC record for made three-pointers, toppling the previous record of 22 which was set at Auburn last year on Feb. 12, 2020
- The Tide also matched the record for most points scored in a road game which was also set a year ago at Georgia in overtime on Feb. 8, 2020
- UA improves to 11-0 this season when scoring 80 or more points
- The Tide is also 11-0 on the year when shooting 40-percent or better from the field and 10-0 when leading at the half
- The 30-point win was the second largest of the season, with the 60 first half points being the most of any half played by Alabama on the year
- In all, Alabama led the entire game and by as much as 43 points, while knocking down 55.9 percent of its shots from the field and 53.5 percent (23-of-43) from deep
- With the blowout victory, the Alabama bench was able to score 36 points while limiting LSU’s bench to 21
- Petty scored a season-high 24 points on a season-best eight made threes
- Alabama started the game up 3-2 before going on a 24-4 run over a span of 4:18 to jump out to the 30-8 lead with 13:00 left in the opening stanza
- UA made eight consecutive threes at one point in the first half, including Petty hitting his first six from deep
- LSU cut the Tide’s lead to 19, but Alabama went on a 13-6 run to go back up by 26 with Alabama leading 48-22 with 6:35 remaining in the first half
- The Tide finished the first half outscoring the Tigers 12-10 in the final six minutes with Alabama taking the 60-32 lead into the locker room
- Alabama was just one three shy of tying its season high in threes made with 14 at the half, shooting 14-of-19 (73.7 percent) from deep and scored its season high of 60 points in one half
- Petty led the way by draining 7-of-8 threes and finishing the opening stanza with 21 points
- Alabama continued its hot three-point shooting with four threes to push the Tide’s lead to 78-44 with 15:37 left in the second half
- The Tide went on an 11-2 run to pull ahead of the Tigers by 43 points, the largest lead of the game with 10:53 remaining
- LSU outscored Alabama 29-11 the rest of the way, but it would not be enough as Alabama won by 30 points, 105-75
- With a Darius Miles three-point basket with just over two minutes left, Alabama broke its program record and SEC record for three pointers made in a game
- The Tide will look to continue its conference winning streak when it hosts Mississippi State on Saturday inside Coleman Coliseum. The contest is slated for 5 p.m. CT and can be watched on SEC Network.
For all the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaMBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can be found @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.