BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Jasmine Walker and Jordan Lewis earned All-Southeastern Conference honors from the league coaches, which was announced on Tuesday. With Walker’s selection to the first team and Lewis’ to the second team, they become the first Alabama duo to be recognized on the All-SEC teams since the Crimson Tide had three honorees in 1998.
First Team All-SEC
- Walker is the first Alabama player to earn a spot on the All-SEC First Team since Tierney Jenkins in 2011 and 18th selection overall for the Tide.
- Walker earned second team honors a year ago and was a 2020-21 preseason second team pick.
- She continues to have one of the most productive seasons in Alabama women’s basketball history, averaging a near double-double at 20.0 points and 9.9 rebounds per game.
- Walker is the only player in the SEC to rank top five in points and rebounds this season.
- She set the Alabama single-game scoring record, dropping 41 points in the road win at Auburn on Feb. 14.
- Walker has 12 double-doubles this season and 22 for her career.
- She is one of the best three-point shooters not only in the league, but also in the nation, ranking top 12 in makes, attempts and makes per game.
- Walker has quickly climbed the Alabama record book in all three-point shooting categories, ranking top 10 across the board.
- She has scored in double figures in every game this season.
- Walker is a finalist for the 2021 Katrina McClain Award and was named to the 2021 Naismith Trophy Women’s Midseason Team.
Second Team All-SEC
- Lewis is the fifth player in program history to earn SEC All-Freshman Team honors (2017) and later be selected to an All-SEC Team, joining the likes of Niesa Johnson, Yolanda Watkins, Dominique Canty and Jenkins.
- She has started a program-record 126 games, every single one since she arrived on campus in 2016, at point guard for the Tide.
- Lewis ranks No. 8 in program history in scoring (1,500 points) and is No. 5 in career assists (493).
- She has scored double digits in 18 games this season, going for 20 or more seven times, all of which have come against SEC opponents.
- Recorded the first double-double of her career in 2021 with 17 points and 11 rebounds against Ole Miss.
- Lewis is one of the best at getting to the free throw line, ranking second in the SEC in makes and third in attempts.
- Her 13 made free throws rank as the third-most scored in a single game in program history.
- Set career highs this season in points and rebounds, both of which were set against conference competition.
- She is among the SEC’s active career leaders in nearly every category including points, rebounds, assists and steals.
For all the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaWBB on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.