TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama catcher Sam Praytor was selected as a Collegiate Baseball News Third Team All-American at catcher, the organization announced on Thursday morning.
Praytor is Alabama’s first All-America selection this season and the Tide’s first since 2020 when Connor Prielipp (first team) and Brett Auerbach (second team) each earned All-America accolades from CBN. The redshirt junior catcher was also selected to the All-SEC First Team last month, making him the first UA first-team selection on the league’s list since 2012.
Third Team All-American
Sam Praytor, Catcher
- Alabama’s leader in home runs (13), RBI (46) and slugging percentage (.532)
- Added a team-high 14 multi-RBI games, including seven in SEC action to tie for the UA lead
- Tied for 11th in the SEC in home runs, contributing eight in SEC play to tie him for ninth in that category
- Totaled 63 bases in conference pairings to tie for 14th
- Recorded 10 of his 14 multi-hit efforts in league matchups to rank second on the Tide
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.