BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Auburn’s 2020 soccer schedule was announced as the Southeastern Conference rolled out the fall slate for its 14 member institutions Wednesday.
The Tigers fall season, which includes eight conference-only contests (four home, four away), begins with its home opener against Mississippi State on Friday, Sept. 18 at 6 p.m. CT.
The team hits the road for two straight weekends with matches at Texas A&M and LSU on Sunday, Sept. 27 and Saturday, Oct. 3, respectively. The Tigers and Aggies play at 2 p.m. while Auburn and LSU kick off at 7 p.m.
The Tigers return to the Auburn Soccer Complex, hosting Ole Miss on Sunday, Oct. 11 at 2 p.m. The team’s schedule also includes home contests against Kentucky on Saturday, Oct. 24 at 6 p.m. and its regular season finale against Alabama on Sunday, Nov. 8 at 5 p.m.
Auburn travels to Athens, Georgia, to square off with the Bulldogs on Sunday, Oct. 18 at 5 p.m. before wrapping up its road schedule against Arkansas on Saturday, Oct. 30 at 6:30 p.m.
The fall season culminates with the SEC Tournament in Orange Beach, Alabama, from Nov. 13-22.
Information on attendance at the Auburn Soccer Complex will be announced at a later date.
The release of the schedule comes two weeks after the SEC announced the following parameters for the 2020 fall season.
- Season runs the weekend of September 18-November 8.
- Eight regular season matches plus at least two matches at the SEC Tournament.
- Regular season includes six divisional opponents and two crossover opponents (four home, four away).
- One match per week – play dates will be either Friday, Saturday or Sunday based on campus activities and television.
- Matches may move to Thursday on the fifth weekend of the season for make-up dates.
- 14-team Conference Tournament – Nov. 13-22; each team guaranteed at least two matches.
The spring schedule will also be announced at a later date.