TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – University of Alabama quarterback Bryce Young picked up a pair of national honors Monday, being named to the Davey O’Brien Great 8 and the Manning Award Stars of the Week lists after his performance at Mississippi State last weekend.
- Threw for 348 yards and four touchdowns against the Bulldogs and sported a passer efficiency rating of 223.0
- Completed 71.4 percent of his throws on 20-of-28 passing at Davis Wade Stadium
- The sophomore gained 34 yards on the ground, including two rushes for Crimson Tide first downs on a pair of 13- and 12-yard runs, respectively
- Finished 7-of-7 passing on third down for 178 yards with three of those plays resulting in a touchdown
- Converted eight first downs in Starkville, with six passing and two rushing
- The performance against State marked the third time this season that Young has had at least four passing touchdowns to lead the SEC in that category
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.