TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – For its first road test of the season, Alabama women’s basketball heads to Oklahoma State for the 2020 SEC/Big 12 Challenge. Saturday’s tip is set for 2:30 p.m. CT in Gallagher-Iba Arena.
The game will be streamed live via the ESPN+ app and can also be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network (WTUG in Tuscaloosa) with Roger Hoover on the call.
- Alabama will play its first road contest of the 2020-21 season on Saturday when it takes on the Oklahoma State Cowgirls in Stillwater as part of the 2020 SEC/Big 12 Challenge.
- The Crimson Tide is 3-0 on the season after wins over Samford (83-68), Houston (88-66) and USC Upstate (98-59).
- Alabama and Oklahoma State will be meeting for the first time in 20 years and just the second time in program history.
- The first meeting in the series was the second of two games for the Crimson Tide at the SunSplash Shootout in Nassau, Bahamas, and was decided in overtime with the Cowgirls winning, 58-54.
LAST TIME OUT
- Alabama outscored USC Upstate 30-9 in the final quarter to seal the Crimson Tide’s 98-59 win over the Spartans.
- Ariyah Copeland and Jasmine Walker both had double-doubles in the game as Copeland finished with 24 points and 10 rebounds, while Walker added 20 points and 13 rebounds.
- Copeland and Walker became the first Alabama duo to record double-doubles in the same game since Walker and Cierra Johnson did so against Ole Miss on Feb. 28, 2019.
- Walker has had 20-plus points in each of the Tide’s three games this season and Copeland has recorded back-to-back double-doubles.
- In her Alabama debut, Taylor Sutton came off the bench and shot lights out from three-point range, hitting five treys to add 15 points to the Tide’s scoring efforts.
- Hannah Barber dished out a career-high eight assists. Her previous high was seven against Clemson on Nov. 19, 2018.
- Megan Abrams did a little bit of everything in the win with 15 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
- Myra Gordon, making her first start, chipped in eight points, five rebounds, two assists and a steal.
- All nine that played made it in the scoring column.
- Alabama outscored USC Upstate 48-28 in the paint and outrebounded the Spartans 51-34.
ABOUT OKLAHOMA STATE
- Oklahoma State is 2-0 on the season after home wins over Oral Roberts (73-54) and Southern (68-34).
- The Cowgirls are led in scoring by Lauren Fields (14.5 ppg) and in rebounding by Brittany Reeves (9.5 rpg).
- Forward Natasha Mack, who was the 2020 Big 12 Co-Newcomer of the Year, is a preseason All-Big 12 selection and one of 50 recognized on the Naismith Trophy Watch List.
- Oklahoma State is under the direction of Jim Littell, who is in his 10th season as head coach of the Cowgirls. OSU has had six 20-win seasons, four WNBA draft picks and made five NCAA tournament appearances during his time.
For all the latest information on the team, follow AlabamaWBB on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.