TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama football’s DeVonta Smith was selected as the Maxwell Player of the Week, the Maxwell Football Club announced on Tuesday morning. The honor is Smith’s second of the week after he was named the SEC Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.
Maxwell Player of the Week
- Had another huge night against LSU for a second consecutive season
- Totaled eight receptions for 231 yards and three scores
- Found the end zone from 65, 61 and 20 yards out
- Notched his fourth career 200-plus yards receiving game to set the Alabama all-time mark
- Was also his 11th career 100-plus yard performance to tie for the third most at UA
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.