AUBURN, Ala. – Rounding out its nonconference schedule, Auburn softball (25-13) hits the road Wednesday for a midweek tilt against Chattanooga (9-21) at Jim Frost Stadium.
Wednesday’s midweek finale is scheduled for a 3 p.m. CT first pitch. Live streaming is currently not scheduled for Wednesday’s contests, but fans can hear the action as Brit Bowen will have remote radio coverage via the Auburn Sports Network.
The Tigers are coming off their second straight Southeastern Conference series win as Auburn upset No. 12 Kentucky, taking two games against the ranked Wildcats. The series win was the first home SEC series victory against a ranked opponent since Arkansas in 2018.
- Auburn rounds out its nonconference slate with a midweek road trip to Chattanooga. The Tigers are currently 20-3 in nonconference competition this season. Auburn is looking for its fourth straight win over Chattanooga.
- The Tigers made history with a pair of SEC weekly honors. Maddie Penta earned her third SEC Freshman of the Week, setting Auburn’s program record. Maddison Koepke brought home the first SEC Newcomer of the Week honor in program history. The award was created this season and is only available to sophomores.
- Head coach Mickey Dean is just one shy from his 600th career coaching victory. His career record currently stands at 599-230 (.719). Earlier this season, he recorded his 100th coaching victory as the head coach of the Tigers.
- With its upset series win over No. 12 Kentucky, Auburn has now won back-to-back SEC series win. The win over the Wildcats was Auburn’s first home series win against a ranked opponent since Arkansas in 2018.
- Slugging a pair of home runs against the Wildcats, Alyssa Rivera has solidified her name among Auburn greats. She is now eighth in Auburn career history in multi-RBI games (34), ninth in RBI (128) and 10th in home runs (30).
- Freshman Makayla Packer is a perfect 13-for-13 in stolen base attempts this season and ranks seventh in the SEC in total stolen bases. She is tied with former Tiger and current assistant coach Emily Carosone (2013) for the second most stolen bases in school history by an Auburn freshman.
- With her fourth save of the 2021 season, KK Dismukes is now tied for sixth with six other Tigers for the most saves in a single season in program history. The last Tiger to record at least four saves in a season was Kaylee Carlson during the 2017 campaign. She ranks third in the SEC in saves.
- With 187 putouts this season, Justus Perry became just the sixth Tiger in school history to reach 1,000 career putouts. Perry is now fifth in program history with 1,126 career putouts.
- With just six strikeouts over 97 at-bats, Tyler King enters the week ranked as the sixth toughest player in the Southeastern Conference to strike out as she averages just one every 16.2 at bats.
The Tigers return to Southeastern Conference play this weekend, trekking to Oxford, Miss., for a three-game series against Ole Miss. The series begins on Friday with a 5 p.m. CT first pitch on the SEC Network.