BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama football’s Mac Jones and Malachi Moore were each selected as SEC Players of the Week, the league office announced on Monday. Jones earned Offensive Player of the Week while Moore was named the Freshman of the Week.
Offensive Player of the Week
- Jones put together a career game against the Aggies
- Totaled a career-best 435 yards, the fourth-most in a single game in Alabama history
- Finished 20-of-27 passing for a 74.1 percent completion percentage, including a career-high four touchdowns
- Finished with a passer rating of 250.9 and averaged 21.8 yards per completion in the Tide’s home opener
Freshman of the Week
- Shined in the second start of his freshman campaign
- Tied for third on the UA defense with six tackles and led the Tide with two pass breakups
- Registered his first career interception, ending an A&M drive in the red zone
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.